Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Work

I have been concentrating a lot of my free time on studying for the Japanese Language Proficiency Test Level 1. I took it this Friday, which means I now have to use my free time on something else. So I thought, why not write some of my thoughts on my blog since people want to hear from me.
However, a lot of my personal thoughts lately are related to my work. Even though my time is compartmentalized into "work time" and "personal time", my thoughts aren't. When I first got into the company and was told about confidentiality I thought Why hide my thoughts from others? If they genuinely want to hear about my work and they are not a terrorist I will tell them. I am not in a high enough position in the company to know any company secrets, as long as I don't reveal the names of clients. However, recently I have had a small part in projects that competitors that stumble upon this blog should probably not find out about. People have been cooperative as I have taken an interest in finding out more about the company, and I am happy about that. It's also a little frustrating because I feel like I could be making a contribution, but instead all of my time is spent on preparing quotes and native checking English translations of the President's company-wide emails. I am not allowed to work overtime. Even if I could it would lead to an increase in my workload, so I would still be in the same rut.
And that's about all I can say without giving away anything. I am pretty sure that the only people that read this blog are people that know me. So if you want to know more, please call me, or ask my parents for my email address.

No comments: